Have you experienced the following?
- Sleepless nights worrying about an upcoming presentation, pitch or meeting?
- Feeling anxious about feeling anxious about public speaking?
- The higher the seniority in the room, the greater the anxiety?
- Mentally rehearsing worst case scenario?
- Doing anything you can to avoid speaking in public?
- Fight or flight response about public speaking?
Rest assured you are NOT alone! Whether you have a fear of public speaking about large or small groups, speaking up in a meeting, holding team teams or evening delivering online webinars the fear of public speaking is very common.
It might surprise you to know that the fear is less about public speaking and more about what you think will happen when you do.
A fear of being judged by other people is top of the list.
Closely followed by:
How to overcome public speaking anxiety
You may have already tried numerous things including books, therapy and courses to overcome your public speaking anxiety and fears without any real success.
While these resources can be great to polish up your skills in presenting, first we need to find the root cause that is triggering the anxiety – rest assured that’s our job!
We will then set to work and….