Have you experienced the following?
When it comes to the subject of public speak and the fear of public speaking have you experienced any of the following?
- Sleepless nights worrying about an upcoming presentation, pitch or meeting?
- Feeling anxious about feeling anxious about public speaking?
- The higher the seniority in the room, the greater the anxiety?
- Mentally rehearsing worst case scenario?
- Doing anything you can to avoid speaking in public?
- Fight or flight response about public speaking?
Rest assured you are NOT alone! Whether you have a fear of public speaking about large or small groups, speaking up in a meeting, holding team teams or even delivering online webinars and training sessions, the fear of public speaking is very common!
And the fear of public speaking isn’t specific to the kind of job role you have. You could be the CEO of a company, a Sargent in the Army, an Early Learning Manager or even a Coach!
You may be surprised to know that the fear is less about public speaking and more about what you think will happen when you do.
A fear of being judged by other people is top of the list.
Closely followed by:
How to overcome public speaking anxiety
You may already have tried numerous ways to overcome the fear of public speaking such as books on the subject, courses and breathing techniques.
While these can be great resources to polish up your skills in presenting, as a stand alone they won’t address the root of the problem.
Together we will set to work and….