get good sleep!
WHAT’S GETTING IN THE WAY OF A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP FOR YOU?
Sleep is the foundation for positive mental, emotional and physical health. As sleep is hardwired into you, your body knows how to sleep, but the mind and body need the right environment to be able to experience deep restorative sleep.
There may be a number of factors that are currently compromising your ability to get good sleep including…
- Night Terrors
- An overactive mind
- Thinking about sleep
- Anxiety about getting to sleep
- Beliefs about your sleep pattern such as ‘I always wake up at 4.00am’
- Late night eating
- Lack of magnesium in the body
- Lack of regular sleep routine
- Staying up late watching television or surfing the internet
- Environments where the bedroom is too light, too warm etc
- Pain in the body
- Stress, burnout and fatigue
how hypnotherapy can help you get good sleep
In order to experience really good quality sleep each night it’s vital that you have a calm mind.
One of the biggest psychological barriers to sleep is stress and overstimulated minds which hold the body in the stress response. The stress response is the bodies survival response, so it can’t rest and relax and switch off if it thinks there is a giant bear chasing it in the form of problems, deadlines, over working or any of the other issues keeping you in a high state of alert.
Together we will;
- Address the factors that are currently keeping you awake
- Take your brain and body of emergency alert enabling you to relax
- Calm down the mind and any racing thoughts
- Change any sleep ‘story’ you have about your ability to sleep well
- Teach you sleep techniques that can help you to get to sleep quicker and fall back asleep if you wake during the night
- Create positive sleep hygiene