‘Are you going to turn me into a chicken?’ asked one of my clients. ‘Not unless you want me to’ was my response. Unfortunately stage hypnotists, films and TV haven’t helped to educate people on the vast number of areas that hypnosis can be used for. However when you see just how many benefits are associated with hypnosis you will wonder what has kept you away for so long…….
1. Hypnosis treats addictions – Food, alcohol, cigarettes, gambling and many other addictions can all be treated by hypnotherapy. Hypnosis re programs your brain away from associating your addiction with pleasure and gives you back control of your behaviour. Hypnotherapy is proven to help break addictions for good so that you don’t relapse and become addicted again within a short time.
2. Hypnosis can help reduce stress – When stressed our mind and body simply can’t function properly. We can think clearly, can’t switch off and relax and can’t lose weight. Hypnosis relaxes the mind and the body, giving your body the much needed rest it needs to re charge, heal and rest.
3. Hypnosis can cure sleep disorders – Millions of people suffer from sleep disorders that range from full insomnia to disturbed sleep patterns, sleep walking or simply an inability to get to sleep and sleep well. We need sleep to function, it is in deep sleep that our body does all it’s house keeping and produces much needed serotonin. Sleep disorders can cause a wide range of other problems like obesity and addiction to either sleeping medications or to caffeine or other stimulants in an effort to keep the body going even though it’s exhausted. Hypnosis can help treat the psychological problem that is causing the sleep disturbance. 15 minutes hypnosis is the equivalent to 4 hours deep sleep!
4. Hypnosis can help manage chronic pain – In many different scientific studies Hypnosis has been proven to be an effective pain management technique. So if nothing else is working for you when it comes to controlling your pain, or if you don’t want to take prescription painkillers, you should try Hypnosis. People have even undergone surgery through hypnosis showing how powerful hypnosis can be at treating pain. Pain management is taught only after a diagnosis of your ailment from a doctor.
5. Hypnosis can help you lose weight and keep it off – Hypnotherapy has been proven to be 30% more effective than just dieting when it comes to weight loss. There are many psychological reasons why people over eat or hang on to weight which hypnosis addresses. Rather like re booting your brain with new software designed to put you in control of what you eat.
6. Hypnosis treats Anxiety and Depression – Many people are reluctant to take medication such as anti depressants to treat Anxiety and Depression because they don’t want to become dependent on medication. Medication only masks the problem and doesn’t get to the heart of why someone feels anxious or depressed in the first place. Hypnosis is a drug free and very effective way to calm Anxiety and to treat depression for good.
7. Hypnosis can help recover buried memories – Our subconscious mind processes 40,000 bits of information per second and holds 95% of this subconsciously. Sometimes we don’t understand why we act or behave the way we do and understanding the link to childhood memories can help discover this and then rectify it, both by using hypnosis.
8. Hypnosis can help you change your behaviour – Do find you are easy irritated and get angry often? Do you have trouble managing your anger? Often behavioural patterns are learned in childhood or link to a specific incident, but a hypnotic suggestion given while you’re in a deep hypnotic trance can help you get rid of those old messages telling you to behave in certain ways and replace the with messages to act in new, more appropriate ways. Emotions are what drive our behaviour so using hypnosis we can change the way you feel about something, thus changing the behaviour.
9. Hypnosis can promote deep relaxation – If you have ever tried meditation you know already the great things that relaxation does for the mind and body. You can become more creative, better at problem solving, less irritable, and you can reduce your risk of health problems like heart disease or high blood pressure significantly if you meditate or relax regularly. But if you have trouble relaxing, or if you never seem to be able to relax deeply enough to really feel refreshed, then you should try Hypnosis. Hypnosis is a wonderful way to experience truly deep relaxation that will make you feel much healthier.
10. Hypnosis can boost your self esteem and make you feel good – How we feel about ourselves is related to the inner voice that we listen to. We may feel that we can’t change that inner voice or stop it from feeding us negative messages, but that inner voice comes from the subconscious mind and can therefore be changed using Hypnosis. Using the power of hypnotic language we can change the way we feel about ourselves and find ourselves listening to a kinder more supportive inner voice.