Are you the owner of your business? If you are then it’s likely you have pondered over the question ‘how do I grow my business?’ many times.
You may have invested your time and money learning about social media, SEO and how to direct more traffic to your website in a bid to grow your business.
You may have invested your time at local networking events to build your list of contacts and seek out potential business opportunities. You may even have taken the time to look at your business goals and produced a business plan.
I wonder however, if you have ever invested in shaping your mind-set for success?
You can spend your entire annual budget on marketing your business but if you don’t start by laying the right foundation in your mind to grow your business, you likely to struggle in getting the results you desire.
Running your own business can be the most exciting and liberating adventure. It can also be scary, overwhelming and leave you full of self doubt, wondering whether you are good enough or have what it takes.
Why is this? Because of the programming in your unconscious mind. Your unconscious mind is like the mainframe of a computer. Made up of information based on your learnt experiences, messages you were fed growing up, thoughts and beliefs. A whopping 95% of your thoughts, feelings and behaviours are unconscious.
Your mind is hard at work every day churning out around 90,000 thoughts a day, 70% of them negative. Your mind triggers off feelings that feed your fear about growing your business, even how to sustain your business and creates blocks which prevent you from realising your business dreams.
Your business starts with you. Even the idea to launch a business started as a seed in your imagination.
How do you know you haven’t laid the right foundation in your mind to grow your business? If you identify with one or more of the following:
- You feel overwhelmed at the prospect of having to find new clients and business opportunities
- You often find yourself listening to that inner critic telling you that you aren’t good enough, you don’t have what it takes, you’re not as good as your competition, you will never be successful, you are stupid (the list goes on!)
- You lack the confidence needed to grow and develop your business
- You procrastinate over making decisions which affect your business
- You find it a challenge to know where to place your focus of attention on in order to grow your business
- You struggle to market yourself and your business
- You have ideas for how to grow your business but fail to launch them or see then though to fruition
- You feel uncomfortable taking money in exchange for your services or feel uncomfortable with charging more for the work you do
- You often compare yourself to others
- You have a fear of failure or even a fear of success which holds you back
- You struggle to be your authentic self with people when networking or in business meetings
If you identified with one or more of the above – don’t panic! Just in the same way when building a house, you need to lay the right foundations, the same applies with the mind.
To lay the right foundation you need to work with the unconscious part of your mind to:
- Identify that inner critic and learn to overcome negative thoughts and emotions
- Identify the limiting beliefs that are holding you back and in their place create positive supportive beliefs about yourself and your capabilities
- Understand what you are attracting (or not attracting) in relation to clients and business opportunities and overcome the blocks preventing you from attracting the right clients and opportunities
- Release your fears of success or failure – they are different!
- Understand how your mind works, how it’s programmed and how it influences your thoughts, feelings and behaviour
- Learn how to use the power of intentions and the Law of Attraction to magnetise business opportunities
Becoming more aware of your thought patterns, your pattern of behaviour when managing your business and the way you self sabotage potential opportunities can be the first step to laying the right foundation to grow your business.
Special Offer for Business Owners and Sole Traders
Real growth requires more than dipping your toe in the water and hoping for the best! To really grow your business you need to grow from within, which takes time and dedicated support. Which is why I have developed this special offer available only to business owners and sole traders:
- 1 x 1 hour Skype session focused on understanding your true purpose in your business
- 10 x 1 hour Skype sessions with me (or face to face if you are Edinburgh based) on a twice monthly basis each designed to re programe your mind for success, grow the relationship you have with yourself, change the relationship you have with money; build your confidence and self esteem and achieve the specific goals we identify together in the first session
- Specific set tasks and activities for you to complete over the course of working together which will help you grow your business in areas such as: confidence, putting your self out in to the world, your relationship with money and charging your clients for your work, self sabotage, self worth and much more
- Practical AND emotional support to transform you and your business
- Dedicated support via email in between the sessions
- Practical and actionable steps and exercises between each session taking you closer to realising the business of your dreams.
I recognise that running your own business requires you to keep an eye on your business costs and cash flow. This is why I have designed this offer to make sure it is affordable for business owners and sole traders. The investment to grow your business is £1000.
Why work with me?
Having worked 12 years in the corporate world in the field of Human Resources and Learning and Development, I decided to make the leap and set up my own business. I finished training as a Solution Focused Psychotherapist and Hypnotherapist and set up my own successful private practice in Brighton. I grew my business by over 300% in the second year by diversifying and taking my knowledge of the mind back into the corporate world to train people in business about how to build resilience for peak performance.
Not content with the amount of change I had created I relocated to Edinburgh 6 months ago and have replicated my success in building a private practice from scratch in a location I knew nothing about and got myself to page 1 of Google for ‘hypnotherapy Edinburgh’ in under 4 weeks. How have I achieved this? Having worked for some of the leading UK brands such as Debenhams, Virgin Atlantic, British Airways, E Bookers and De Vere Hotels – I do have a good nose for business and a very commercial head on my shoulders. I have also invested a lot in my own knowledge of business and marketing my business and continued to develop my skills set in life coaching and other modalities such as EFT (emotional freedom technique) and Matrix Re-imprtining which I use for my own business success.
That aside, the rest is purely down to mind set, something I have a passion for sharing with others to allow them to realise their dreams.
Sara Maude is an Edinburgh Hypnotherapist, Solution-Focused Psychotherapist, EFT Practitioner, Transformational Coach and International Wellbeing Trainer providing in-person and online sessions. Sara provides problem-free therapy which goes deep into the heart of the unconscious mind to create powerful lasting change.